TURKISH SERIES For English Speakers
Angel.

Moving The Forum

Hello, lovelies. :mavi_heart:I hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful summer.

As most of you may be aware of, for a while now we've been having some concerns as to how to keep the forum running and functioning. We've tried several things (donations/membership fees etc) and none of them  seem to be offering a long term solution.  I really am afraid that if we don't do something, we will lose this community. 

In the past, we have thrown around the idea of moving to a free forum. I think the time has come. I have been shopping around for quotes and some are very high. So far the lowest quote I have received for a migration is $550.00. It's still expensive, but still about half the price of some of the other quotes I have received so far.  This cost will cover moving  all our categories, forums, topics, posts (up to 800K), attachments (up to 5GB), users and avatars.

You can see examples of their recent migrated forums here: https://gconverters.com/portfolio/?type=Forum%20to%20Forum

Migration will take about 2-3 days. While we’re migrating we will still be able to keep using the forum. The only thing is that any data added after they have started working on the migration won’t be available on the new platform. 

I have been also researching options for our new home. I would like a 100% free platform that will allow for anyone to join and participate while at the same time offering features closest to those we have here. So far I like phpBB, bbPress and Simple Machines Forum. 

I have set up a goal for migation through the donation option in the forum. Any of you willing and able to do donate, please do so. Anything helps. Also, you may notice the deadline is set to August 10th. That's simply because our next monthly payment is due at that time. So if we can move before then, we'll avoid having to make another payment here. If you do donate, please make a post about it in the here. Just so I know. Also, please fell free to ask any any questions or let me know of any concerns you may have and I will do my best to answer/address them. 

Thank you for always being so supportive and vested in this community. It's greatly appreciated.  You guys are amazing! :8_ZJZ9t0v_Ul_GNyj_WW8y_Y7_1:

Hi Angel, 

Thanks so much for all your work to keep this forum alive. I want to make donation but I can not see any donation button, as we used to have. You mentioned something about the donation, but I do not see anything ( I am using my phone).

Or should we just pay to turkishseries.fun through PayPal and  make a note that it is for moving the forum? 

So, packing time has come! Mixed feelings...:heartbreaking::mavi2:in that order!

Where are we moving to? What's our new home's name, do we know yet?

Donation will soon be made.

38 minutes ago, Joanne said:

So, packing time has come! Mixed feelings...:heartbreaking::mavi2:in that order!

Where are we moving to? What's our new home's name, do we know yet?

Donation will soon be made.

I don't know yet. I want to do a bit more research to see which platmorm will be closest in look, feel and functionability to this one. Most likely it will be one of these 3: phpBB, bbPress or Simple Machines Forum. I'm actually excited as well. May this be a return to greatness for this forum. :772_blue_heart:

54 minutes ago, Shemshak said:

Hi Angel, 

Thanks so much for all your work to keep this forum alive. I want to make donation but I can not see any donation button, as we used to have. You mentioned something about the donation, but I do not see anything ( I am using my phone).

Or should we just pay to turkishseries.fun through PayPal and  make a note that it is for moving the forum? 

You can just do it the same way you do the payment for the membership. Just add a note, like you said, that it's for the forum moving fund.And thank you!  :mavi_heart:

26 minutes ago, valentia said:

Hi Angel. I want to thank you for your efforts here in order to keep the forum alive. :4xvim2p:

:kiss: Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, Lila. said:

:warriorsmiley:

Thanks Hocam for everything!!! :mavi_heart:

I will post here when my donation is done

Thank you, kaptan! :mavi_heart:

Ok hocam we are here and ready to pack our thigns and change bookmarked pages :default_tongue:

@Angel. will you sent us some email when move starts or just tell us the date? Yeah posting while site is in process of moving will be bit hard but we will manage, anyhow we can post everything again:winking:

36 minutes ago, mili said:

Ok hocam we are here and ready to pack our thigns and change bookmarked pages :default_tongue:

@Angel. will you sent us some email when move starts or just tell us the date? Yeah posting while site is in process of moving will be bit hard but we will manage, anyhow we can post everything again:winking:

We won't be able to move until we have the funds. So as wesee that bar move closer to the goal, we'll know we should start packing. :D 

We're blessed that it's summer and things are slow. There won't be too many posts to leave behind. 

13 hours ago, Blue said:

This was a comfy place!

:desespoir:

I know it is, but we're too small a community and we can't really afford it. :( 

I’m not a fan of moving as I get personally too attached and too comfortable with a place that it feels weird when changes happen. I recently changed homes and I’m not liking it much. However, changes are a part of life and sometimes they need to happen and we have no choice but to get used to them and adapt. You know you have my support in your decision and I wish I can contribute but unfortunately I can’t. However, if there’s anything I can do, please let me know. I send you all much love and good wishes. :hearted: 

I‘m a bit sad to leave our home but I‘m also excited to welcome new members again. Hayırlı olsun. Thank you for everything Angel! :mavi2:

Also I donated a small amount just now.

23 hours ago, Lena said:

I’m not a fan of moving as I get personally too attached and too comfortable with a place that it feels weird when changes happen. I recently changed homes and I’m not liking it much. However, changes are a part of life and sometimes they need to happen and we have no choice but to get used to them and adapt. You know you have my support in your decision and I wish I can contribute but unfortunately I can’t. However, if there’s anything I can do, please let me know. I send you all much love and good wishes. :hearted: 

:mavi_heart:thanks, canim.

17 hours ago, Samiramis said:

I‘m a bit sad to leave our home but I‘m also excited to welcome new members again. Hayırlı olsun. Thank you for everything Angel! :mavi2:

Also I donated a small amount just now.

I'm actually very excited about this. It will be good for us. It will allow for growth. So new friends, no worries about space limitation...

Thanks a lot. I have already updated the bar. :mavi_heart: Allah bereket versin.

1 hour ago, Thessaloniki said:

how can we donate?

will we be informed when the moving arrives?

You can donate just as you would do when paying for a membership. Via paypal, by using the donate button here in the forum. 

I understand that not everyone can donate. No one should feel bad if they can't. But if you are able to, I urge you to do so. Even a small amount helps and it will be grratly appreciated. :mavi_heart:

If you do donate, please let me know here, so I can update the goal bar. And yes, I will let you know when we're getting ready to move. 

May it be a beter place though it seems unlikely but het lets be optimistic :new_roseg_smiley:I have so many memories here and I truly feel at home. Thank you @Angel. for putting in so much effort; we love you:hugsmile1:May Allah SWT give you ajar. 

How will we know the new name and login details and all?