TURKISH SERIES For English Speakers
Angel.

Forum Offline

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure many of you noticed, the forum was online for quite a while yesterday. It due to some technical issues om their end and although I was told it would take 48 hours to get it back online, they were fortunately able to get it back on much sooner. I apologize for any stress and inconvenience it may have caused you guys. On a semi positive note, it's a good reminder of how much this place and people here mean to us when we're unable to access it or each other, even if only for a short time. I have posted the forum email address before but I will post it again. If it happens again, feel free to contact me and I will be glad to keep you all updated. Again, I really apologize for the trouble and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. :mavi_heart:

The forum's email address is: turkishshows@mail.com

Oh Angel, I almost had a heart attack. I couldn’t sleep :moque: It really felt like I had lose a loved one. I really love you guys and it hit me how much you all mean to me. We’ve never met but we have a bond that will never break. And, thanks a lot for the email. I need it so I can bother you if something like this happens again and no need for apologies. Thanks for letting us know. :8_ZJZ9t0v_Ul_GNyj_WW8y_Y7_1:

I was so stressed when the forum was gone but since it happened before i decided not to brother you with e-mails :D

Yes it was a reminder of how much this place means to us :776_two_hearts:

oh there was an announcement about this. I almost had a massive heart attack when i refresh and refresh and refresh this site, nothing came up. I felt like i lost a family! :doh::dramaqueensmil:.

So glad we're back ! hugs and kisses to everyone ! :heartshape2:

I guess I'm a day late.... i didn't  know there was an announcement.

I'm also glad the forum's back... Its good to miss something... it makes it even more special when it returns :8_ZJZ9t0v_Ul_GNyj_WW8y_Y7_1:

18 hours ago, Klaudia said:

I was so stressed when the forum was gone but since it happened before i decided not to brother you with e-mails :D

Me too. I was like... okay here we go again, just keep refreshing till you see something :moque:

I guess this is a good place to ask...

Is anybody else experiencing this thing where new notifications are greyed out, so you can't tell what you have or haven't seen? I noticed it after the last forum upgrade/shutdown.

Especially when there are quite a number of notifications..... I just go on a thread and see that someone replied a post of mine but the notification didn't show it as new.

17 minutes ago, QueenLola said:

I guess this is a good place to ask...

Is anybody else experiencing this thing where new notifications are greyed out, so you can't tell what you have or haven't seen? I noticed it after the last forum upgrade/shutdown.

Especially when there are quite a number of notifications..... I just go on a thread and see that someone replied a post of mine but the notification didn't show it as new.

I thought only what we've read becomes lighter and the rest remains bold until we open that notification and I kind of liked that. But I'm not that active lately so I haven't notice that.

20 minutes ago, Joanne said:

I thought only what we've read becomes lighter and the rest remains bold until we open that notification and I kind of liked that. But I'm not that active lately so I haven't notice that.

Yes exactly. I haven't read them yet and they don't show as bold even when you haven't read them.

I haven't been very active too, so when I check notifications when I get back, they all come out grey and the ones that come in after that also show as grey too, so I assume I've seen it already till I go randomly on a thread and realise someone just replied me.... I hope this is not too confusing :moque:

Hey guys! So I wanted to run this by you so we can have some discussion and I can get some feed back. 

I'm very seriously considering moving the forum.  There are a few main reasons for this.  It seems like lately, every time there is an upgrade, the forum goes offline. Every time there's an upgrade, some of the  apps or plug ins we have purchased become outdated and useless. Also, the paid membership is not working the way I expected. For whatever reason, some people are not paying . If a member stays away for a number of months, we don't collect their membership fee,but the monthly price of the forum stays the same. Next, we have quite a few members who need sponsorship, and not enough sponsors to cover their memberships. And lastly, the more active members we have, the more expensive the forum license is, so we're not being able to offer free and open registrations. So we're not really getting any new members. So I'm hoping I can move to a free forum platform, even if it's not as fancy as this one.  Sowe can eliminate all these issues. We'd have to all chip in to pay for the migration of our content.  Otherwise we'd have to start from scratch, which would be a shame given all the work we'd put into building this one over the years. So anyway, that's what's up. Please feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about this issue. 

Hmm moving would be a big decision. I don't really mind forum being offline for a few hours but I'm not the one having to deal with all the issues. I really like the forum the way it is and I'm afraid sth less fancy wouldn't be so much fun. For me the most important thing is that this forum works great on my phone (it's basically the only device I use the forum on) and I know some free platforms struggle with it. It also works fast even if we post multiple posts at the same time during lives. But maybe there are free platforms that are okay and work just fine too, I'm definitely not an expert in this matter. I'll adjust to whatever the majority thinks will be the best option.

I also really love the forum just the way it is. Moving it just won’t feel the same. As for paying, not everyone is able to for financial reasons.  But, do what you feel is best. You’ll always have my support. 

Honestly, I don't know what to say! Makes me sad not seeing our forum as we loved it but also makes me sad to not see it at all! I'm not sure if all of us could afford the content moving fees and I fear, once again, we'll lose many friends. Then again, whatever's the best I'll support as much as I can.

Hey Angel ... whatever the final decision is I am with the majority ... however I am of the opinion of moving the forum to to a free forum platform even if it is not fancy and very basic ... it is obvious that the membership procedure is not working and the forum is very quite with only a few people participating regularly ... I don’t know why but maybe because there aren’t any really one “hit show” that makes everyone excited to participate... I visit the forum daily several times but I have always been limited with my posts ... but I just love reading everyone else and enjoy being here amongst my virtual friends ...

How much do you think it will cost to migrate our content?

Today I went and visited our first forum http://forum.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/General-f2223231.html  interesting everything is still there although unfortunately some people made it there home for a number of years after we left ...  Would leaving everything here be an option if it is too expensive to migrate all the current content or would we loose everything if we leave it here ... 

33 minutes ago, Hilal - director said:

Hey Angel ... whatever the final decision is I am with the majority ... however I am of the opinion of moving the forum to to a free forum platform even if it is not fancy and very basic ... it is obvious that the membership procedure is not working and the forum is very quite with only a few people participating regularly ... I don’t know why but maybe because there aren’t any really one “hit show” that makes everyone excited to participate... I visit the forum daily several times but I have always been limited with my posts ... but I just love reading everyone else and enjoy being here amongst my virtual friends ...

How much do you think it will cost to migrate our content?

Today I went and visited our first forum http://forum.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/General-f2223231.html  interesting everything is still there although unfortunately some people made it there home for a number of years after we left ...  Would leaving everything here be an option if it is too expensive to migrate all the current content or would we loose everything if we leave it here ... 

Hey canim. I am too, and my two major issues are those. It would be nice to go back to everyone being able to log in whenever they want/posting as much as they want,  for free without worrying about increases in cost. It would also be nice to be able to have new people join regularly. About the migration, I don't remember the exact figure because I did the research a while back. But I will check again and post it. I want to say it was somewhere in the neighborhoor of 400-450 USD. But it would move all our content. Our old forum was a free froum. That's why it's still standing. Here it's different. If we don't pay the license for this forum by 12:01 AM on the due date, they take the forum offline until we pay it. So unfortunately that's not an option. Also not to sound morbid, but this life is uncertain. If God forbid something were to happen to me, the forum would be gone as I'm the one authorized to make the payments and decisions regarding it. We wouldn't have those kinds of issues with a free forum. It would be more long lasting.