TURKISH SERIES For English Speakers

1 minute ago, Ania said:

Well it might be gaining interest on social media, but sadly it's not gaining audience in Turkey... It's a good thing the show is on TRT1, otherwise it would probably be ending soon knowing the policy of private TV channels...

I was talking about social media. I've seen International audience has taken interest in the show and that makes me happy. I know this kinda of show would never do good in Turkey because it's different from the ones they are used to watching. Ratings don't bother me as long as it doesn't get cancelled so you are right, it's a good thing that it airs on TRT1. 

16 minutes ago, tehreem said:

I was talking about social media. I've seen International audience has taken interest in the show and that makes me happy. I know this kinda of show would never do good in Turkey because it's different from the ones they are used to watching. Ratings don't bother me as long as it doesn't get cancelled so you are right, it's a good thing that it airs on TRT1. 

That's exactly the thing - I don't care about the ratings, as long as I don't have to worry about the show getting cancelled. Sadly that has happened to a few shows which IMHO were really good, which is why I'm very careful when starting to watch a new Turkish TV show. I used to start watching right away, but now I wait a few episodes until the show is "safe" and there is no risk of it getting cancelled without a proper ending. I don't think we have to worry about that with Halka, but if the ratings were higher, I think we could get season 2, which I don't think is going to happen... But oh well, we still have many hopefully great episodes this season!

Halka will definitely get a second season. I mean, it just started and I doubt that they end it in May or June. In fact, all TRT1 shows will get second seasons and continue from where they left off in September. The thing is, even if a show gets a 2-3 rating, it will continue, no problem and that’s what I love about this channel. It supports the projects they air. 

Halka is a gem, and I wouldn’t want it to end so soon. And, with each passing episode, it only gets better. 

I truly hope in the future, the shows that I end up liking are mainly on this channel, because I don’t want to get invested in a show and then have it snatched away from me. :crying:

21 minutes ago, Lena said:

Halka will definitely get a second season. I mean, it just started and I doubt that they end it in May or June. In fact, all TRT1 shows will get second seasons and continue from where they left off in September. The thing is, even if a show gets a 2-3 rating, it will continue, no problem and that’s what I love about this channel. It supports the projects they air.

Really? I was sure that with this rating we can expect Halka to air until the end of the season, but not beyond. Oh well, it would be really cool if it got a 2nd season!

And yes, I'm also sick of investing myself in shows that get axed after a few episodes due to low ratings... I hate this total lack of respect for the viewers!

To be quite honest I don't care much about second seasons either :default_tongue: I think most of the time second seasons are not needed. There's usually nothing left to tell so they usually drag the show. Until and unless a story really requires a second season, I don't care about them. 

I want Halka to have a proper end and as long as the story is told properly and the plot is covered nicely, I don't mind if it has 10 episodes or 20. And that's only possible when a show is not in fear of getting cancelled because of low ratings. It's a good thing that Halka is on safe channel.

I think Lena is right. I don't think it will end in May so I think there's definitely a chance for season two. 

24 minutes ago, Lena said:

that’s what I love about this channel. It supports the projects they air. 

That's true. And TRT1 also provide subs for their dramas. Although they are auto translated. But at least that's some effort on their part LOL and it's good enough for people to understand. So the people who only have to rely on english subs are safe with TRT1 too. 

Edited by tehreem

5 minutes ago, tehreem said:

That's true. And TRT1 also provide subs for their dramas. Although they are auto translated. But at least that's some effort on their part LOL and it's good enough for people to understand. So the people who only have to rely on english subs are safe with TRT1 too. 

I guess they figure that people are gonna watch in English some place or other anyway, so why not give them a chance to watch straight from the source :D

1 minute ago, Ania said:

I guess they figure that people are gonna watch in English some place or other anyway, so why not give them a chance to watch straight from the source :D

aynen öyle :D If only other channels worked that way LOL 

48 minutes ago, Ania said:

Really? I was sure that with this rating we can expect Halka to air until the end of the season, but not beyond. Oh well, it would be really cool if it got a 2nd season!

It will. It will. Just. Trust. Me. :moque: 

48 minutes ago, Ania said:

And yes, I'm also sick of investing myself in shows that get axed after a few episodes due to low ratings... I hate this total lack of respect for the viewers!

Amen to that! 

47 minutes ago, tehreem said:

To be quite honest I don't care much about second seasons either :default_tongue: I think most of the time second seasons are not needed. There's usually nothing left to tell so they usually drag the show. Until and unless a story really requires a second season, I don't care about them. 

Generally, yes, I would feel the same as you 100% but this show along with a few others are a rare exception. If it stays at this quality, I don’t mind not only just a second season but I’d love even 10 seasons. :dancing-smiley:

I want Halka to have a proper end and as long as the story is told properly and the plot is covered nicely, I don't mind if it has 10 episodes or 20. And that's only possible when a show is not in fear of getting cancelled because of low ratings. It's a good thing that Halka is on safe channel.

Yep. Plus, if the show is enjoyable, why should it be stopped? Life never ends, and with each chapter that ends, another begins. This show could have many stories created from it and still not lose its quality. Besides, just like life, things move in a nice pace and develop accordingly and there’s room for characters to develop consistently and realistically. I’m very positive about this project. I’ve already started to own it. :lol: 

I think Lena is right. I don't think it will end in May so I think there's definitely a chance for season two. 

Of course Lena is right. Duh! :default_tongue:

See, another advantage. I feel like a proud mom LOL! I have gotten to a point where I don’t need subs. I understand straight from the source yet my family thinks it’s a useless achievement :laugh3: 

41 minutes ago, Ania said:

I think they respect and care about their foreign viewers and it’s just a nice gesture of them to show that. :wub: 

37 minutes ago, tehreem said:

If only other channels worked that way LOL 

Private channels are all about the money and this will risk them losing money on the international market so I doubt it. :moque: 

Edited by Lena

22 minutes ago, Lena said:

Yep. Plus, if the show is enjoyable, why should it be stopped? Life never ends, and with each chapter that ends, another begins. This show could have many stories created from it and still not lose its quality. Besides, just like life, things move in a nice pace and develop accordingly and there’s room for characters to develop consistently and realistically. I’m very positive about this project. I’ve already started to own it. :lol: 

I am glad about that :D It's good to find you in another drama. It's been long since KPA. I missed this :heartshape2:

22 minutes ago, Lena said:

I feel like a proud mom LOL! I have gotten to a point where I don’t need subs. I understand straight from the source yet my family thinks it’s a useless achievement :laugh3: 

:bounce2::bounce2: Nonetheless you should be proud of yourself. 

Edited by tehreem

2 minutes ago, tehreem said:

I am glad about that :D It's good to find you in another another drama. It's been long since KPA. I missed this :heartshape2:

Yeah. Thanks! :wub: It was a very nice and pleasant surprise for me when I saw you around. It’s so good to have you around. It feels just like old times and I missed that feeling. Honestly. :kiss: :hearted: 

2 minutes ago, tehreem said:

:bounce2::bounce2: Nonetheless you should be proud of yourself. 

:blush: 

4 minutes ago, Lena said:

Yeah. Thanks! :wub: It was a very nice and pleasant surprise for me when I saw you around. It’s so good to have you around. It feels just like old times and I missed that feeling. Honestly.

Aww It's nice that I was not forgotten :default_tongue::blush: I am happy to be here too. Since past two, three years I have been completely away from Turkish dizis, I am happy to be back and see familiar faces and talk with you all like old times ..It's a good feeling :heartshape2::download::hugsmile1:

10 minutes ago, tehreem said:

Aww It's nice that I was not forgotten :default_tongue::blush: I am happy to be here too. Since past two, three years I have been completely away from Turkish dizis, I am happy to be back and see familiar faces and talk with you all like old times ..It's a good feeling :heartshape2::download::hugsmile1:

Of course you’re not forgotten. Never! :kiss: :wub: I don’t know if it’s a curse or a blessing, but I can’t forget anyone I’ve known even many years later. I even remember vividly things that happened when I was even 2! Anyway, let’s hope our journey with this show is a very long one. As I want to enjoy your company here for as long as possible! :download: 

I almost gave up on Turkish dizis too but Elimi Birakma and this pulled me back and didn’t allow that to happen. Thanks, TRT1! :loveshower: 

Edited by Lena

2 hours ago, Lena said:

I almost gave up on Turkish dizis too but Elimi Birakma and this pulled me back and didn’t allow that to happen. Thanks, TRT1! :loveshower: 

Honestly, at this point, I think it would be impossible for me to give up on Turkish dizis altogether, but sometimes I need a break :D

25 minutes ago, Ania said:

Honestly, at this point, I think it would be impossible for me to give up on Turkish dizis altogether, but sometimes I need a break :D

I learned that the hard way. :lol: