TURKISH SERIES For English Speakers

Production company: MF Yapım
Producer: Faruk Bayhan
Director: Yusuf Pirhasan
Writer: Melis Civelek
Broadcaster: Kanal D

Yılmaz Karabey (Tolgahan Sayışman) is a handsome lieutenant who gets seriously injured and loses fellow soldiers in a clash in Hakkari and only just survives. His retirement due to disability is hard on him, but what is even more difficult is his feelings of guilt, that won`t leave him. Having psychological problems, he seeks a calm life far from people. The former lieutenant becomes the watchman of a lighthouse. There he gets to know  Elif Özkan (Hazal Subaşı) and is mesmerized by her joyfulness.  Elif will fall in love with him but Yılmaz will marry her without being in love but in order to hold on to life. Years will pass and Elif will have several miscarriages and sink into despair. The following day after having a stillborn baby, they find an abandoned  baby in a small boat at the shore. Elif sees this as a gift from god and starts nursing it. But Yılmaz knows it is wrong to just take it in without searching for its parents. While Elif will be a mother to this child the following years will be overshadowed by a guilty conscience till one day a coincidence will let them cross paths with Derya (Esra Bilgiç Töre), who has been searching for her lost child. This will be a turning point in their life…

***I don't know why they had to give such a detailed synopsis though***:blase:

Other actors that will be part of the cast:  Cem Uçan (Taner), Serhat Tutumluer (Kenan Akar: father of Derya), Serpil Gül (Hacer Özkan: mother of Elif),Yağmur Özbasmacı Mermer (Dilek Akar), Feyza Civelek (Damla Akar), Irman Örnek (Öznur), Selahattin Paşalı (Arda Özkan), Yiğit Tuncay(Yiğit), Özlem Başkaya (Fadime), Burak Çimen (Tuncer), Nihan Büyükağaç (Nihan), Hamdi Alp (Salih), konuk oyuncu Alper Saldıran (Toprak)

Hello dear Queen!

I just watched this on Youtube and searched here for info and there you are!

well, the world "umut" on the title moved me and I remembered this film ( see poster) with similar story (probably the dizi is based on it)

May dizi God help this survive in the dizi arena!

Hey I'm your first follower here:flowerysmile:

MV5BNTI1NzQzMjgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY1

20 minutes ago, Eliso said:

Hello dear Queen!

I just watched this on Youtube and searched here for info and there you are!

well, the world "umut" on the title moved me and I remembered this film ( see poster) with similar story (probably the dizi is based on it)

May dizi God help this survive in the dizi arena!

Hey I'm your first follower here:flowerysmile:

MV5BNTI1NzQzMjgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY1

Canim :mavi_heart::heartshape2:

I also think it's a remake of the film too. Hopefully it does very well. It also seems pretty heavy...

Excellant first episode, I already watched the movie adaptation like a year ago, and didn't know it's based on it, in its entirety. and surprise surprise, it is, to a freaking T. 

I loved the performances, especially the actress that plays Elif, she's super talented and did all the heavy lifting the first episode, her anguish while having two miscarriages is truly sad and depressing, I hope they don't try to villain-ize her in this series, cuz the original character isn't supposed to be one. She's a kind, caring individual that had severe post partum depression after her multiple miscarriages that she only knew that filling the void left by her dead babies, is the ability to be a mother, again, so impressed by the character, I hope they give her more heavy scenes. 

As for Yilmaz, I think the writers did a few tweaks to his character, in the movie, he's supposed to be so in love with his wife, he can't bare to disappoint her, but in this show, he's like agreeing to whatever Elif does out of compassion not love, and I fear this would be problematic if they suddenly went for a love triangle with Daria and him, cuz that would suck, I'm looking forward to the drama, not the constant push pull of characters instead of storytelling. 

the movie ended grimly, so who knows what will happen with this one, especially that they already cover the whole 2 acts in the first episode, I definitely recommend it though. 

I was also impressed by Hazal Subasi/Elif.  She's very young and from the pageant circuit so I didn't know what to expect from her.  Hopefully they keep in mind that she seems to be ill, not a monster.

The stuff with the guy who is obsessed with Derya is also a new one, isn't it? There's more of a crime angle instead of just human drama.

Do we know how the ratings were?

Edited by belalugosi