TURKISH SERIES For English Speakers

bodrum-masali-18-a%C4%9Fustos.jpg

I guess it's about a bunch of rich people who lose everything and are forced to live like the rest of us. :popcorn: 

Oyuncular

Timuçin Esen

Timuçin Esen

Faryalı
Şevval Sam

Şevval Sam

Yıldız
Murat Aygen

Murat Aygen

Evren
Alperen Duymaz

Alperen Duymaz

Ateş
Hilmicem İntepe

Hilmicem İntepe

Kelebek
Dilan Çiçek Deniz

Dilan Çiçek Deniz

Su
Toprak Sağlam

Toprak Sağlam

Gözde
Serhan Onat

Serhan Onat

Uzay
Bora Cengiz

Bora Cengiz

Cenk
Ezgi Şenler

Ezgi Şenler

Aslı
Serel Yereli

Serel Yereli

Alara
Zehra Yılmaz

Zehra Yılmaz

Rana

1 hour ago, Samiramis said:

Really? That good? :default_popcorn1_smiley:

I just checked out some scenes of Ates because I really like Alperen but I might try the first episode. 

Well I am not claiming it's like the most earth shattering series ever, but it's well made, for most part well acted and the story has a nice pace to it. Yeah it's a bit cliched, but if it is well executed then who cares. To be honest I am quite meh on most of the offerings this year. The whole Korean romcom invasion has produced a string of mediocre series, where the writers are on autopilot and are unable to come up with something interesting beyond the main plot points and even those are boring and unimaginative. This would be somewhat bearable if a season consisted of 16 episodes of 1 hour... but you know... turk dizi... 2 hours... aiming for multiple 35 episodes seasons... disaster! The 2016 series that are able to somewhat ascend this imo are Hayat Sarkisi. Seviyor Sevmiyor, Rengarenk and now Bodrum Masali. 

i watched ep 1, i liked it it's a nice change from all the silly summer romcoms,   tears, drama, family secrets that's what  we wants !!!!!!!!:P 

also ates and asli really need to happen, so get out the way blondie :fight2-smiley:

Edited by lollipop

I've started watching this one.  I like it so far.  Although Kelebek is not a very plausible teenager, I will suspend my disbelief :D  I like his character, and of course Alperen.  I know Şevval Sam is very famous but I've never watched her in anything before and I'm enjoying her performance too.

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Pomegranate (zuzu) said:

Alparen ! Why all of a sudden i discover all these good dizi coming out... Alparen benim... :flirtyeyess2:

Yok Alparen my canim benim :download::P

2 hours ago, belalugosi said:

I've started watching this one.  I like it so far.  Although Kelebek is not a very plausible teenager, I will suspend my disbelief :D  I like his character, and of course Alperen.  I know Şevval Sam is very famous but I've never watched her in anything before and I'm enjoying her performance too.

Well I guess the writers thought the same thing, he isn't a teenager in the series. The reason he still goes to high school is because he didn't go to school for a few years. Mysterious past! I also wonder what his real name is. 

2 hours ago, Reba/Nihan said:

Who are the writers of this dizi and is this a korean version?

Başar Başaran and Emre Özdur are the writers. They have a couple failed series on their resume, most notably Reaksiyon (which was pretty silly imo). There is no Korean version, for better or worse this is fully a Turkish production. They are already shooting episode 11, because it was supposed to start like 2 months ago. But I guess Turkey was more occupied with other things at the time, but they didn't stop shooting and built up quite a large amount of stock episodes. 

1 hour ago, Nemoko said:

Well I guess the writers thought the same thing, he isn't a teenager in the series. The reason he still goes to high school is because he didn't go to school for a few years. Mysterious past! I also wonder what his real name is. 

Clever of them! CW-casting where people who look 25 play 17 year olds is my pet peeve and the reason I no longer watch most youth shows (shows like Vampire Diaries are the wooorst about this) so I'm glad they avoided it. 

I forgot to say, Dilan Çiçek Deniz/Su has improved noticeably since Tatlı Küçük Yalancılar, too.  That was only her first acting job iirc so I'm not surprised.

23 minutes ago, belalugosi said:

Clever of them! CW-casting where people who look 25 play 17 year olds is my pet peeve and the reason I no longer watch most youth shows (shows like Vampire Diaries are the wooorst about this) so I'm glad they avoided it. 

I forgot to say, Dilan Çiçek Deniz/Su has improved noticeably since Tatlı Küçük Yalancılar, too.  That was only her first acting job iirc so I'm not surprised.

So true! Watch 21 Jump Street (movie) if you want to see something that takes the piss out of this kind of practise. Channing Tatum's characters need to go undercover in a high school and there is this running gag that everybody comments on his age. Hilarious movie btw.

Also agree on Dilan! You know, if there is one thing that the Turkish tv industry does well it's to make (at the very least decent) actors out of practically anyone. First thing you need to be an actor in Turkey is to be good looking, the rest will come eventually.

5 minutes ago, Nemoko said:

So true! Watch 21 Jump Street (movie) if you want to see something that takes the piss out of this kind of practise. Channing Tatum's characters need to go undercover in a high school and there is this running gag that everybody comments on his age. Hilarious movie btw.

Also agree on Dilan! You know, if there is one thing that the Turkish tv industry does well it's to make (at the very least decent) actors out of practically anyone. First thing you need to be an actor in Turkey is to be good looking, the rest will come eventually.

I definitely need to see that and the sequel.  I love Channing Tatum, idk why, he just has a strange kind of charm about him. He's going to be in the gender-swapped remake of Mermaids, as the mermaid (merman??) and I'm psyched.

I've noticed this.  It's one reason I'm pretty tolerant of really young actors who aren't all that good yet...with experience, most of them get there eventually.  Even the great actors have some embarrassing jobs early on in their careers, we're just seeing them happen live with the 10-and-20-somethings :D  Who knows where some of them will end up.